The details on Zocalo’s new menu items
The temperature won’t be the only thing heating up this summer. From appetizers to specialty entrees and brunch options, Zocalo Mexican Cuisine & Tequileria is adding some spice to their seasonal menu with 15 new dishes. The new offerings incorporate fresh seafood, vegetarian options and modern flavor twists developed by the restaurant’s culinary team.
Here’s a look at the new additions:
- Shrimp and scallop ceviche made with cucumber, radish, red onion, cilantro, serrano and tortilla chips. $9
- 7-pepper Fish Tacos, which include grilled white fish, red cabbage, jack cheese, pico and chipotle ranch. Served with red chile rice and borracho beans for $12.
- Roasted mushroom enchiladas made with portobello mushrooms, spinach, black beans, tomato, jack cheese, and “terrorized” carrots. The enchiladas are fresh rolled and served with red chile rice. $11
- The Pork Belly Cubano Torta, which consists of ham, pork belly, pepper-jack cheese, arugula, tomatoes, spiced pickle and mustard. It’s served with french fries or a side salad for $13.
- A Pescado Torta made with pacifico-battered white fish, mango-habanero slaw, pico de gallo and fresh avocado. This options is served with French fries or a side salad for $12.
- Crab-stuffed avocado, which includes lump crab salad, spring mix, tomatoes and chipotle ranch for $12.
- Pork belly chimichanga with pork belly, bacon, queso fresco, black beans, pico de gallo, pickled red onion, red chile rice and borracho beans. $12
- Baja shrimp “pasta,” made with sautéed shrimp, zucchini, beet and carrot “noodles”, tomatoes and chipotle cream sauce. $21
- Salmon Oscar, which includes wild salmon, jumbo lump crab, poblano cream sauce, habanero polenta, roasted vegetables and arugula. $24
- Carnitas Norten͂a, which includes carnitas, potatoes norten͂a, roasted jalapen͂o, fried eggs and queso fresco. $9.50
- The Breakfast Burger, made with a coffee-crusted patty, bacon, pepper-jack cheese, a fried egg, maple-dijon and french fries. $11
- The Horchata Waffle, topped with horchata whipped cream, maple syrup and fresh berries. $9
- Biscuits and gravy with a house-made biscuit, chorizo cream gravy, and eggs over easy for $9.
- Huevos rancheros, which consist of grilled steak, breakfast potatoes, fried eggs, morita salsa, corn tortillas and roasted jalapen͂o. $13
- Crab cake benedict with jumbo lump crab cakes, black forest ham, poached eggs, cilantro hollandaise, breakfast potatoes and asparagus. $14