Everyone’s summer wardrobe looks best when worn with a warm, glowing complexion. The good news is that the right blush and bronzer can achieve this sun-kissed look—no UV damage required. The bad news is that one misguided product purchase can take you from radiant to radioactive orange faster than you can say “Tan Mom.”
To help you get glowing, we’ve shopped for blushes and bronzers suited to every skin tone.
FAIR TO LIGHT
When it comes to adding color to fairer complexions, less is definitely more. To accent your skin’s natural undertones, look for a bronzer with hints of warm beige or pale rose. To enhance your natural flush, choose a blush in pink or peach.
1. Aveda Petal Essence Face Accents in Tesserae (neutral peach to rose), $24
2. Clinique Cheek Pop in Peach Pop, $21
Golden-based bronzers offer medium and olive skin tones a great all-over glow and allow you to build up color as needed. Pick out a shade or two darker than your natural hue to use bronzer as a contouring tool. Medium skin can also accommodate a range of blush shades: apricot, mauve and berry to name just a few.
3. Clinique True Bronze Pressed Powder Bronzer in Sunswept, $26
4. Michael Kors Glam Bronzer Powder, $50
5. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush, $26
Focus your blush and bronzer’s efforts on warming up the face rather than adding all-over color that can wind up looking unnatural. Pick a bronzer with warm golden browns or reddish undertones and blushes in highly pigmented shades that will make your cheekbones pop.
6. Too Faced Soleil Matte Bronzer, $30
7. Clinique Cheek Pop in Plum Pop, $21